Sunday, February 15, 2009

a picture is worth a thousand words

My church is beginning to get ready for a new pictorial directory. We've had the representative from the photography place come and talk to our church council, and we've slated two weeks for the portrait taking. So it's understandable why this would be on my mind. Which might explain part of the reason why I dreamt about it last night. But, let me tell you the rest of the dream.

All of the planning and portrait taking was over, and the directories had come out. I was excited to see my picture in there, and so I looked in the front and saw my official pastor picture. As I flipped through to my picture amongst the other member photos, I was a little surprised that it wasn't there.

Eventually, I did end up finding it. Apparently, I didn't want to take my picture all alone so I had picked some random people (they might have been an actual family, I remember it was an adult male and female, and then a young boy and girl) to pose in my picture with me. We had these cheesy family picture poses and I was grinning like a maniac.

It wasn't in the right spot, because they had given me the wrong last name. Instead of my own, I had the last name of Noah and Laura, two adults who are active in our high school ministry, and so I was the picture right before their family portrait. I remember being flabbergasted that my last name could have been wrong in a pictorial directory for the church where I serve as one of their pastors.

But, also, I found it extremely amusing.

No comments:

Post a Comment